Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Creating a Podcast

I'm a huge fan of the show One Tree Hill and in the earlier seasons a character on the show, Peyton, had her own podcast and I always remember thinking, "wow, she must be really tech savvy to understand how to have a podcast" but throughout this class I learned that her technological feat was not as impressive as I once thought it was.  When we were introduced to podcasting in the class I thought it was going to be a complicated procedure but really it was just a matter of having the right equipment.  We were asked to partner up in the class and create a podcast based on something that we were an expert on and I found myself talking to Andrea about how I am an expert on what makes someone a good roommate and what makes them a bad roommate.  It was a simple silly podcast that just allowed us to scratch the surface of what can be done.  I think that when people hear a phrase like "podcast" they immediately clam up and get all nervous because it sounds really important but in all reality it is just a recording that can be posted to the internet.  We spent the next class working on putting a visual to our podcast by reading a children's book, which proved to be a bit harder than just making a vocal podcast.  The most difficult thing with the children's book was allowing enough time between pages so that if you had to go back and edit you could.  I found myself rereading that book so many times because I wasn't pausing enough or my pages wouldn't line up right but as the class progressed so did my understanding of podcasts.  After the two classes spent on podcasting I'm no longer looking at One Tree Hill as the cutting edge of technology. 

No comments:

Post a Comment